Build Your Own Clinometer
- Download, print, and cut out this virtual protractor.
- Strengthen your protractor by gluing it to a piece of cardboard (cereal boxes work well), then cut the cardboard in the shape of the protractor.
- Poke a small hole in your protractor in the middle of the flat edge, where indicated. Attach a piece of string about 8″ long.
- Attach a small weight to the other end of the string, like a small washer or screw.
- Tape a regular drink straw to the flat edge of your protractor.