BRAIN CHASE ELECTIVES
Google Books Reading Challenge
Looking for an irresistible reading program? Choose from over 26,000 books in the Google library – or log offline reading with any book of your choice.
Students may choose to read off-line and have their parents or teachers report their reading hours via our dashboards. They also may track their reading by using Google Books.
Google Books is a rich online library of public domain literature. We’ve recommended dozens of titles for each age group (and we’re hoping to hear back with user recommendations as well!), but you’re also free to use the search bar to search for other titles. Here you’ll find unabridged timeless classics including Anne of Green Gables, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Secret Garden, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Romeo & Juliet, and thousands of others.
Working with credentialed teachers, expert lists, and young readers, the Brain Chase team has carefully curated a full list of classic titles for each age group. Just click the FEATURED button to find dozens of recommended options to choose from. Are we missing something? Tell us about a book you’re enjoying by emailing email@example.com, and we might feature your title on our lists! You can also use the built-in search feature to look for different titles, or if you’re feeling more adventurous, try this advanced search option.
- Access to over 26,000 books
- Teacher and peer recommendations aid in the selection process
- Not liking the Google selection? The offline reading option allows parents to manually track reading that students do elsewhere
- Google Books is a public domain library, and as such, lacks many popular contemporary titles
- Avoid the “preview” books, since these are only partial texts
- As with any public library (and many online resources), the Google Library may contain some questionable material. Parent/guardian supervision is recommended