Brain Chase Book Club
If your students like to sit down and enjoy a good book – and want the chance to interact with other Brain Chase adventurers – our summer Book Club is perfect.
Summer 2021 Book Club Books! You will select one from the following and Brain Chase will send a copy directly to your home.
Ages 6-8 – The Magic Treehouse: Dinosaurs Before Dark
Ages 8-10 – Sideway Stories from Wayside School, by Louis Sachar
Ages 10-12 – Wonder, by R.J. Palacio
Ages 12+ – When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead
Students will receive weekly reading assignments from their chosen book, along with writing prompts related to the reading material. Once they complete the reading and submit their responses to the writing prompts, students will upload their comments to a Brain Chase discussion board where they will be able to view submissions from other students in the Book Club.
- Students receive a physical book in the mail, which is theirs to keep
- Students share an exciting discussion board with other Brain Chase students from around the world
- Very portable; may be completed while traveling, as long as you have access to WIFI to upload responses
- Both reading AND writing required
- Not a “time-based” elective; students must keep up with assigned reading pace
- Students must wait up to 24 hours for submissions to be approved by Brain Chase teachers
- Available only during Summer Treasure Hunt