BRAIN CHASE ELECTIVES
Brain Chase Book Club
If your students like to sit down and enjoy a good book – and want the chance to interact with other Brain Chase adventurers – our summer Book Club is perfect.
Before the program begins, your student will select ONE of the following books:
- Finn Family Moomintroll, by Tove Jannson (recommended for ages 6-8)
- Tuesdays at the Castle, by Jessica Day George (recommended for ages 8-10)
- The Penderwicks, by Jeanne Birdsall (Book 1 in the series; recommended for ages 10-12)
- Dead End in Norvelt, by Jack Gantos (Newberry Medal Book; recommended for ages 12+)
Brain Chase will send a paperback version of the book directly to your home.
Students will receive weekly reading assignments from their chosen book, along with writing prompts related to the reading material. Once they complete the reading and submit their responses to the writing prompts, students will upload their comments to a Brain Chase discussion board where they will be able to view submissions from other students in the Book Club.
- Students receive a physical book in the mail, which is theirs to keep
- Students share an exciting discussion board with other Brain Chase students from around the world
- Very portable; may be completed while traveling, as long as you have access to WIFI to upload responses
- Both reading AND writing required
- Not a “time-based” elective; students must keep up with assigned reading pace
- Students must wait up to 24 hours for submissions to be approved by Brain Chase teachers
- Available only during Summer Treasure Hunt