BRAIN CHASE ELECTIVES
Brain Chase Book Club
If your students like to down and enjoy a good book – and want the chance to interact with other Brain Chase adventurers – our summer and after-school Book Club is perfect.
Before the program begins, your student will select ONE of the following books:
- Finn Family Moomintroll, by Tove Jansson (Third book in the Jansson‘s Moomins series, published in Swedish in 1948 and translated to English in 1950; recommended for ages 6-7)
- One Dog and his Boy, by Eva Ibbotson (New York Times bestselling author; recommended for ages 8-10)
- Nightbird, by Alice Hoffman (New York Times bestselling author, nominated for multiple awards; recommended for ages 10-13)
- The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, by Catherynne M. Valente (Winner of multiple awards, including A Booklist Editors’ Choice, recommended for ages 13-16)
Brain Chase will send a paperback version of the book directly to your home.
Students will receive weekly reading assignments from their chosen book, along with writing prompts related to the reading material. Once they complete the reading and submit their responses to the writing prompts, students will upload their comments to a Brain Chase discussion board where they will be able to view submissions from other students in the Book Club.
- Students receive a physical book in the mail which is theirs to keep
- Students share an exciting discussion board with other Brain Chase students from around the world
- Very portable; may be completed while traveling, as long as you have access to WIFI to upload responses
- Both reading AND writing required
- Not a “time-based” elective; students must keep up with assigned reading pace
- Students must wait up to 24 hours for submissions to be approved by Brain Chase teachers
For more information about the Brain Chase Book Club, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.