BRAIN CHASE ELECTIVES
Gain all sorts of exciting knowledge with Brain Chase electives.
Brain Chase began as a Summer Learning Challenge – and even though we’re now branching out into Escape Rooms, Corporate Trainings, and Family Game Nights, we still have education in our DNA. So Learning Electives may be optional during the Escape Rooms, but we still require them during the Summer Treasure Hunts. Want to learn Swahili? Go for it. More interested in brushing up on math or typing? No problem. Maybe you need to work on those creativity skills? We’ve got electives for that, too. No matter your educational goals, Brain Chase can help you make progress. These electives can be done by kids, adults or families!
WHICH ELECTIVES DOES BRAIN CHASE OFFER?
Our current elective offering includes:
Earn your points for the week to complete your learning challenge.
Leo Labs Engineering (Ideal for ages 8-14)
- Engineering 1: Projects will be Towers with Pasta, Biomimicry, and Eggs & Vinegar.
- Engineering 2: Projects will be Rube Goldberg Machines, Ooooblech, and the Science of Flight.
- Engineering 3: Projects will be Catapult, Magic Milk, and Mars Colony.
- Cooking 1: Projects will include Homemade Pasta, Apple Parfaits, and Chicken Bites
- Cooking 2: Projects will include Chocolate Truffles, Cauliflower Pizza Bites, and Veggie Quesadillas.
- Cooking 3: Projects will include Mac & Trees, Stuffed French Toast, and Nice Cream
- We suggest doing these courses sequentially.
- Photography 1: Topics covered will include: Composition, Lighting, and Warm & Cool Colors
- Photography 2: Topics covered will include Portrait, Wildlife, and Still Life
- Photography 3: Photo Editing 1, Photo Editing 2, and Putting it All Together
- Art 1: Projects will include Air Painting, Tin Foil Structures, and Collage
- Art 2: Projects will include Crayon Stained Glass, Perspective (Drawing), and Soap Sculptures
- Art 3: Projects will include Potato Lithography, Eggs & Dimension, and Your Masterpiece
- Read 30 minutes a week for this challenge.
- Yoga 1: Topics covered will include Breathing, Flexibility, and Balance.
- Yoga 2: Topics covered will include Upper-Body Strength, Lower-Body, and Core Strength
- Yoga 3: Topics covered will include Breathing, Mindfulness and Mediation, and Putting it All Together
- Fitness 1: Warming Up, Planks, and Lunges
- Fitness 2: Mindful Eating, Intervals, and Sugar
- Fitness 3: Warming Up, Flexibility, and Balance
- We suggest doing these courses sequentially.
- Creative Writing: Create Interesting Characters, Creating Conflict, and Create a Short Story
- Prose 1: Narrative Writing, Persuasive Writing, and Expository Writing
- Prose 2: Intro Paragraph, Body Paragraph, Conclusion Paragraph
- Poetry 1: Poetry, Haiku, Limericks
- Poetry 2: Cinquain, Sonnet, and Visual Poem
- Complete chores around your house and submit your before and after photos.
- Practice 30 minutes a week for this challenge.
- Service 1: Service areas will include Family, Neighbors, and Community.
- Service 2: Homeless, Other Kids, and Troops.
- Service 3: Animals/Pets, Elderly, and Planet.
- Kids earn time for learning done outside the program.
- These courses should be done sequentially.
- Entrepreneurship 1: Business Plan, Refining Your Plan, and Market Testing
- Entrepreneurship 2: Building Product, Product Marketing, and Business Launch
- Decluttering, Nagging Tasks and Digital Clutter
- Improving Habits 1: Commit to Change, Emotional Triggers, and Environmental Changes and Substitutions.
- Improving Habits 2: Tracking Progress, Establishing Rewards, and Accountability
- Establishing Goals, Budgeting, and Reducing Expenses.
- Family Relationships 1: Safety and Trust, Respect, and Openness
- Family Relationships 2: Nurturing, Generosity, and Emotional Safety
- School Uniforms, Smartphones for Kids and Dogs or Cats.
- Capture the Flag, Ultimate Frisbee, Kickball.
- Improv, Comedy and Drama.
Brain Chase Book Club – summer only
Rosetta Stone Foreign Language – summer only
Code Combat Coding- summer only
Typing Club Typing – summer only
HOW MANY ELECTIVES CAN I SELECT?
For Escape Rooms, these electives are optional. If you choose to add them on, you can choose up to three. For the Treasure Hunt, we keep things even by requiring everyone to select three. We will also give you a required weekly bonus challenge.
DO I HAVE ACCESS TO ALL OF THE ELECTIVES?
You sure do. When you register, you have the option to register as a Scout, Explorer, or Adventurer. Each package includes different electives (and some offer more Brain Chase
swag than others). However, if you register at a level that doesn’t include an elective you’d like to take, you may purchase that elective a la carte for a small additional cost.
DO CERTAIN ELECTIVES OR REGISTRATION PACKAGES GIVE ME AN ADVANTAGE IN THE TREASURE HUNT?
NO!! Every participant receives the exact same clues and goes on the exact same hunt, regardless of the level at which you registered or electives chosen.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY ELECTIVES?
The first week of the hunt is considered a “warm-up” week, and you will have the opportunity to test out your chosen electives. If you decide you’d like to change to a different elective, no problem. Just select a new elective at any time (but please – no switching to different languages within Rosetta Stone or to different books within Book Club. Thank you!).
Ideas for additional electives? Please send us a note at email@example.com.