Official Challenge Contest Rules – Monthly Escape Rooms
THE FOLLOWING ONLINE PROMOTION SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
“Brain Chase Monthly Escape Rooms” are online learning programs designed to provide fun and educational enrichment for students and families. They combine academic electives (optional) with monthly virtual escape challenges and puzzles. Eligible Entrants (see Eligibility requirements below) compete for monthly prizes by solving the monthly Escape Room puzzles and completing academic electives (optional) to advance through the program, unlock clues, and solve the mystery.
1. Eligibility to Enter: The Brain Chase Monthly Escape Room Contests (the “Contests”) are open to all participants, regardless of age, nationality, or citizenship. Employees and children of employees of Brain Chase Productions, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as children of the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. CONTESTS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Participation constitutes each Eligible Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the Monthly Prizes are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Entry Fee: Entry in each Monthly Escape Room Contest requires a monthly subscription fee of $19.99 USD and increases in price if you select a more-inclusive package. The Sponsor reserves the right to provide discounted or waived entry fees to some children through agreements with charities. The Entry Form can be found at www.brainchase.com, where the Entry Fee may be paid securely online.
- In submitting an entry into a Contest, each Entrant and/or their Parent or Guardian agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
- All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Timing: Each Monthly Escape Room Challenge will begin at 9 a.m. Eastern time on the first Monday of each month, and will end at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on the last day of each month unless otherwise specified. A potential winner from the Eligible Entrants will be announced no earlier than the 25th day of each month, unless otherwise specified.
5. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this contest is Brain Chase Productions, LLC., 7225 W. Hwy 71, Ste. C, Austin, Texas, 78735.
6. How to Play. In order to participate in the Contest, during the Contest Period, Eligible Entrants must complete several virtual Escape Room puzzles, as further described in our Challenge Terms, User Covenant, and FAQs.
- On the Contests’ official start dates and thereafter as each challenge is completed, the entrants will unlock online interactive Escape Room challenges. The challenges contain several hidden clues, riddles, and images that will help the entrants solve an additional puzzle, such as finding the location of a missing artifact.
- Entrants will need to find and decipher the hidden clues, riddles, images and puzzles from the Escape Rooms, then submit their answers based on those clues by clicking on the global map on our website.
- Entrants will be allowed only one submission pinpointing a location on our online globe every 24 hours, beginning on the first day of the contest. No backdated submissions will be permitted.
7. Prize Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) prize winner, either an individual or a family (the “Prize Winner”) will be chosen each month by Sponsor from the locations pinpointed on the online map at our website by Eligible Entrants during the Contest Period. The potential Prize Winner will be the Entrant who first submits an online location on the global map provided by Sponsor that is within a two-mile radius of the puzzle’s solution, as determined by an independent judge using mapping software. Locations submitted by Entrants are time stamped. In the event that multiple entrants submit locations that are within a two-mile radius of the solution at the same time, the Eligible Entrant that is closest to the actual location of the solution will be the potential Prize Winner. In the event that no entrant pinpoints a location within two miles of the solution by the end of the Contest Period, the Entrant who first submitted a location closest to the solution will be named as the potential Prize Winner.
8. Duties of the Winner: The potential Prize Winner will be notified by mail, email, phone, or in person. A potential Prize Winner must sign the following documents (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within ten (10) days of receipt from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, suppliers, distributors and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use Winner’s name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes, including personal appearances on radio and television shows, without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Prize Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. The potential Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Prize Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. The potential Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Contest or the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor. Failure to complete and return all such releases and documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines or other noncompliance with these Official Rules, or the rejection or return of any prize or prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate winner by choosing the Eligible Entrant who provided the next earliest closest location to the solution from among all remaining pinpointed locations provided by Eligible Entrants. This process will be repeated until a potential Prize Winner timely complies with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules as determined solely by Sponsor. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
9. Prizes: The Prize for each monthly escape room is Brain Chase trophy (“Treasure”) that will be sent by mail to the Prize Winner (“Winner.”) The sponsor of the winning Family or Team will have the right to retain the Treasure. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $100.00 USD. Any difference between actual retail value of the Prize and the approximate retail value will not be awarded. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by Winner permitted. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value, determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit of one Prize Winner per household, per program.
Odds of winning the Prizes depend on the number of Eligible Entrants who complete all weeks of the Learning Program as well as their skill and diligence in unraveling the clues in the Contest webisodes that reveal the location of the buried Treasure. Many will enter, but only one individual or team will win.
Within 12 months of winning the program, Sponsor will deliver the Treasure to the Prize Winner. Or, if Winner is a Family or Team, Sponsor will deliver the Treasure to the team’s sponsoring organization to be used by the organization as the organization sees fit.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, Winner and parents or guardians agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contests constitutes Winner’s (and parents’ or guardians’) consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Entrants agree that we may show up at a potential Winner’s home to announce the prize, and we may film this. The potential Winner must also agree to participate in reasonable promotional media appearances to be identified in the future.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contests, or any part of them, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor (including an event of force majeure, as defined below) beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contests or the awarding of the Prizes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contests or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contests may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
An event of force majeure is an event or circumstance which is beyond the control and without the fault or negligence of the Sponsor and which by the exercise of reasonable diligence the Sponsor was unable to prevent provided that event or circumstance is limited to the following:
(a) riot, war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not) acts of terrorism, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection of military or usurped power, requisition or compulsory acquisition by any governmental or competent authority;
(b) ionizing radiation or contamination, radio activity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive assembly or nuclear component;
(c) pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices traveling at sonic or supersonic speeds;
(d) earthquakes, flood, fire, hurricane or other physical natural disaster or severe weather event, and
(e) strikes at national level or industrial disputes at a national level, or strike or industrial disputes by labour not employed by Sponsor, and which affect an essential portion of the Contests or the Prize.
14. Disputes: Entrant and his/her parents or guardians agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved in accordance with the Dispute Resolution provision of the Terms of Service, available here.
16. Winner List/Official Rules: For a Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “The Brain Chase Online Learning Challenge”, 7225 W. Hwy 71, Ste. C, Austin Texas, 78735. Please indicate which document(s) you would like to be sent. Winner List requests must be received within three after months of the Contest’s end date. VT residents may exclude return postage for Official Rules.
17. Mailing List Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing