Want to have a smooth adventure? It helps to have the right gear.
You can’t give your children out-of-date, beat-up old laptops and expect them to have a flawless learning experience! Gear up for Brain Chase by ensuring that your crew has technology that exceeds the minimum requirements below:
- Must have standard Broadband Internet connection (slow internet connections will make it difficult to both complete the learning challenges and stream the animated content)
- Make sure you have the latest version of one of these major web browsers: Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. We don’t recommend using Explorer or Edge – especially for the Escape Rooms.
Operating System (one of the following):
- Windows: XP SP3, Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, or higher
- Mac (Intel based only): Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion (OS X 10.6 or higher)
- iOS 6.0 or later
- Android 4.0 or later
Computer Hardware (one of the following):
- On Windows: 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor OR Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- On Mac: Intel Core™ Duo 1.33GHz or faster processor
- On iPad: iPad® Air™ or newer, iPad® 2 or newer, iPad® mini™ or newer, iPhone® 4s or newer, iPod Touch® 5 or newer
- Android devices operating on version 4.0 or newer
Requirements if Using Rosetta Stone:
- External microphone or USB headset with microphone (USB microphone strongly recommended. We’ve had success with this model).
- Adobe Flash Player version 10.3 or greater. Visit the Rosetta Stone Quick Start Guide for more information.
- We highly recommend that you download and install Google Earth (free) in order to participate in the global treasure hunt.
- Occasionally, students will also be directed to online science simulations that require additional software, ,such as the latest Java download (also free). You may also need to adjust your computer’s security settings in order to run the program. Working from a library or otherwise unable to download this software? Don’t worry – each bonus challenge comes with three hints that will help you get through.