Thorpe Studio Art Challenge
Brain Chase partnered with artist extraordinaire James Thorpe to create a virtual, hands-on art course.
Sculptor, painter, and musician James Thorpe is nothing short of an artistic genius. And let’s be honest – how often do you meet an artist that also sings to his artwork? Students who select the Brain Chase Art Challenge get to spend time with James in exclusive Thorpe Studio webisodes that demonstrate different artistic projects. Participants will then follow suit to create art of their own and refine those artistic skills.
Once their masterpiece is complete, students will be asked to take a digital photograph of themselves with their creation and upload the photo to the Art Challenge page. They will also have the opportunity to write a few words to describe their experience and explain what they created. The Brain Chase team will then review each student’s submission and respond with encouraging feedback within about 24 hours.
In addition to needing access to a digital camera each week, students will be asked to track down simple materials to complete each assignment. Here is a list of supplies needed so you can gather the necessary materials all at once.
Summer 2021 Art Supplies:
Each week, your adventurer will be given a project to complete. They will have the option of doing the additional project in addition to or instead of the one given. Both sets of supplies are listed here:
Our Escape Room Art Supplies are:
- Program provides artistic balance to other academic electives.
- Participants will have wonderful creations after completing their challenge
- Preparation required; most supplies can be found around the home or classroom, but some shopping might be necessary (see supply list above)
- Art can occasionally be messy! Adult supervision is recommended
- Students must wait for teacher feedback and approval before challenges are completed (up to 24 hrs)