BRAIN CHASE ELECTIVES
Leo Labs Engineering Challenge
Brain Chase combined forces with the Leonardo Museum of Salt Lake City to create a virtual, hands-on science and engineering course for summer and after-school enrichment.
Each week, Miss Brooklyn, a scientist, engineer, and tinkerer from the Leonardo Museum will treat Brain Chase students to a new Leo Labs webisode showcasing a different science or engineering project. They’ll watch the video, then replicate the experiment on their own using everyday household materials.
Once their creations are complete, students will be asked to take a digital photograph of themselves with their experiment and upload the photo to the Engineering Challenge page. They will also have the opportunity to write a few words to describe their experience and explain what they created.
In addition to needing a digital camera each week, students will be asked to track down simple materials to complete each assignment. Here is the supply list for the Fall 2016 program (don’t worry – we’ll also send weekly email reminders):
- Program provides a good balance of science and engineering projects
- Leo Labs Engineering Challenge voted Favorite Elective by Brain Chase participants
- Preparation required; most supplies can be found around the home or classroom, but some shopping might be necessary (see sample supply list above)
- Science can occasionally be messy! Adult supervision is recommended
- Students must wait for teacher feedback and approval before challenges are completed (up to 24 hrs)
For more information about the Leo Labs Engineering Challenge, watch the video below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.