Leo Labs Engineering Challenge
Brain Chase combined forces with the Leonardo Museum of Salt Lake City to create a virtual, hands-on science and engineering course.
With each challenge, a new scientist or engineer will treat Brain Chase students to a webisode showcasing a different science or engineering project. They’ll watch the video, then replicate the experiment on their own using everyday household materials.
Once their creations are complete, students will be asked to take a digital photograph of themselves with their experiment and upload the photo to the Engineering Challenge page. They will also have the opportunity to write a few words to describe their experience and explain what they created.
The Brain Chase team will then review each student’s submission and respond with encouraging feedback within 24 hours. This is one of our most rewarding electives.
In addition to needing a digital camera each week, students will be asked to track down simple materials to complete each assignment.
Summer 2022 Engineering supplies:
Each week, your adventurer will be given an engineering project to complete. The supplies they will need are listed here:
- Program provides a good balance of science and engineering projects
- Leo Labs Engineering Challenge voted Favorite Elective by Brain Chase participants
- Preparation required; most supplies can be found around the home or classroom, but some shopping may be necessary
- Science can occasionally be messy! Adult supervision is recommended
- Students must wait for teacher feedback and approval before challenges are completed (up to 24 hrs)